Friday, August 14, 2009

Packed

I'm packed, but not quite ready to go.

Here's the short list:

Giovanni's Room
Pedagogy of the Oppressed
Les Miserables
Reading Like a Writer
The Art and Craft of Feature Writing.
2 blank journals
2 filled journals.

my carry on might be heavier than my checked luggage...I also packed underwear.

In other news: again, my friends are amazing. My coworkers took me out for drinks/dinner last night, so I got to take pictures of them and see them without their regular professional faces. R got an apprenticeship! H made a special trip to Binny's. JP has made packing, hearth and home feel normal and natural. Everything is falling into place (of course I'm worried about any and everything that could go wrong...), and I'm looking forward to landing on Sunday. Taking off tomorrow is still a little scary. Wish me luck!

Damn, what a great city.

No comments:

Post a Comment