Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pet Sitting

It's the middle of July and I have everyday planned up until August 15th. I think this is a sign of aging. Plan, plan, plan and pencil things in. I heart calendars more than a gal ought to.

I'm still whittling down my to do list, but I've covered the couch surfing part. For a week and a half I get to spend some good slobbery-cuddly time with a chocolate lab named Mesa. I'll live in an intricately decorated, peaceful apartment near the redline and be lulled to sleep by the voice of an automaton notifying patient (and not so patient) commuters that "an inbound train will be arriving shortly." Thanks to JP.

I'll be a block and a half away from The Sovereign, a former watering hole of mine. It is actually one of the places I took my brothers and my father the weekend of my graduation from college. I learned to play pool there on a rickety, warped miniature pool table with beer stains and a short stick. Interesting how things come full cirlce yet change each time.

A smaller circle, has me back at H's house for a week or less. She's been kind enough to demand to drive me to the airport frazzled nerves and all.

And BFF R has volunteered to do my pack-ratting for me at her house. I love my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment